October 11, 2008

Loaded Dice K

I can say as a Sox fan I have seen cleaner performances (Big Schill '04). I can say I've seen better pitchers (Pedro '98-'99). But, I can't say I've seen a guy flirt with a no-no after that wild and wacky a first inning. If there were any questions as to who Dice K is I think they were answered. He isn't going to wow you but he will hit the corners and drive you crazy all night. As a hitter you must think you have a great shot against him with all the walks he deals out, but then he finds a way to throw the smoke-and-mirrors at you. Next thing you know he's no hit you through 6 innings in game one of the ALCS. When all the cards are on the table I'll take the Dice man any day. In the end all I can say about his performance is WOW. Very unconventional pitcher, but what a horse. He doesn't back down to any hitter and doesn't change his approach. What a gem. Guts of a burglar indeed.
By the way Carl Crawford nice catch. I thought you were better than Gary Matthews defensively. I guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Teddy Ballgame

Teddy Ballgame
#9 on the field #1 in our hearts.

Simmons