October 9, 2008

Bulletin Board Material

Well it looks as if the Rays are getting a little too big for their britches. These are not the greatest pieces of bulletin board material, but it shows the Rays are not "Acting like they've been there before." We've seen this before haven't we? A young team with a bunch of momentum and nothing to lose. (Cleveland and The Rockies last year.) I think we know how well that turned out.

"We don't want to get ahead of ourselves," left fielder Carl Crawford said, "but we definitely feel good about our chances." -AP Reminds me of no-name Rams player "I like our chances" line during the 2001 Pats win.

"We don't feel any pressure. The pressure is on them (Red Sox)" -(Freddy Garcia) Uhh Matt Garza (ALDS Stats: 7 hits, 5 EARNED runs, 4 walks) Don't even get me started.

"Please, ask around," Floyd said. "Call the other general managers and ask them what they think. And if they say anything other than this team is stacked, not just for this year but years to come, then maybe they shouldn't be a GM." - Cliff Floyd Cliffy buddy your lucky if you even get to pinch hit in this series yah bum.

"We just know what to expect out of them," Really you know what to expect from the Sox? This is the playoffs! You know what to expect hunh? Pal you gave up 2 runs 8 hits and only made it 5 innings your last start. Son, you have no idea what your up against. - Scott Kazmir

Face it Tampa Bay Rays your middle relief scares me more than your supposed stud pitching staff. Sox have pressure on them hunh. I know the Rays were 8-1 at home against the Sox. But, if the Sox they take one of the first two games at your pinball stadium who's the pressure on? Because the Sox then get to smack the Rays around at Fenway for three games; where the Sox have are 7-2 this year against the Rays.
Hah Pressure you wouldn't know pressure if it shat on your chest.


Papelbon, whose fastball consistently hits 98 mph, has given up nine hits, struck out 16 and walked five in the postseason."I don't know about other guys, but me? I love pressure," Papelbon said."When I get in those pressure situations, it gets me going. That's my comfort zone. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be in this job." - LA Times

No comments:

Teddy Ballgame

Teddy Ballgame
#9 on the field #1 in our hearts.

Simmons